High School TMEA Region Concert/Clinic
Parents and Students,
What: TMEA Region Concert/Clinic
Who: High School students that are members of the All-Region Choirs
When: Thursday, November 14, 2019 (During School Day)
Where: Dallas Baptist University – Pilgrim Chapel (3000 Mountain Creek Pkwy, Dallas, Texas 75211)
Time: Leaving GPFAA campus by 7:30 am
Transportation – School Bus: Only to event (am).
Returning: Since this will be a concert, no bus will be provided. Please make arrangements to pick up your student after the concert.
Concert: 7:00 pm – 8:45 pm
What to bring: Students will need ALL music for Region/District/Honor Choir.
Please note: Roll will be taken, if students are not in attendance, they will not be allowed to sing at the concert or compete at Pre-Area.
- Lunch should have been paid on Saturday of round 2. If students did not pay, your student will have to pay full price or bring his/her own dinner. Any questions regarding menu options, please visit Crowley Dining Hall.
- Concert Attire: Students Dress/Tux must be dry cleaned and hemmed before the concert. Students must bring tux/dress in a garment bag. * We will have a uniform check the morning we leave.
- WE HAVE AWESOME CLINICIANS!!!! Please get your kiddos excited about THE OPPORTUNITY to spend a day with these conductors!
- No cell phones, no talking, and make sure they are attentive. We will take them up.
- STUDENTS OR PARENTS RECORDING DURING THE CONCERT WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
- The Region has contracted with a TMEA vendor to produce a professional audio and video recording of the concert. Order Forms are attached and will be available in the lobby and your DVD purchase will include a DVD mailed to your home, an online video that you can share with relatives that could not attend, audio files of the music, and pictures from the performance. TMEA does not allow the audio or video recording of any of their concert performances. This includes, but is not limited to, cell phones, digital cameras, camcorders, and audio devices.
- T-shirts and plaques will also be available for purchase in the lobby!
- NO FOOD OR DRINK WILL BE BROUGHT OR CONSUMED IN THE CHAPEL.
- We want to make sure we respect the space and leave it better than we left it.
All students must keep this space clean during the day, students shouldn’t leave anything behind.
- Section Leaders will help monitor these spaces.
- Students will be instructed which rooms to go to during the break in their rehearsals. Please remind them that after the concert they will need to take EVERYTHING with them.
At the end of the night, all items left behind will be thrown away.
Please allow time for all students to take a quick photo after the concert, we will all meet on stage to take a photo.