Texas Future Music Educators(TFME) trip to TMEA
Parents and Students,
What: Texas Future Music Educators trip to San Antonio for the TMEA conference
Who: High School TFME members who have signed up and paid their deposit to participate
When: Thursday, February 13th, 2020 through Sunday, February 16th, 2020
Where: Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, 900 East Market Street, San Antonio, TX
Time: Leaving GPFAA immediately after school (3:10 p.m.) on Thursday, February 13th, 2020 and arriving back to GPFAA at about 3 p.m. on Sunday, February 16th, 2020
Transportation – Parent Chaperones will be driving the students to and from San Antonio
What to bring: Student’s should bring clothing and toiletries to last through Sunday. Please ensure that the clothes are within the district’s dress code policy.
Additional Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
- How much was the TFME membership and who and when do I pay that fee? The fee is $15 per student and the guild paid these fees upfront to be paid back by each member. If you have not already paid the $15 to the guild, please do so as soon as possible 🙂
- Where will my child be staying? An Airbnb house was rented where the TFME students and their chaperones will lodge. Here is the link with information about the house: https://airbnb.com/rooms/39003216?check_in=2020-02-13&adults=16&check_out=2020-02-16&user_id=20276749&ref_device_id=36f478b01b186354c472a38504eae3f84282ad5f&s=40
- Who will be chaperoning this trip (including driving them to San Antonio and staying with them at the house)? Melissa Kirby and Lily Tredemeyer will be chaperoning this trip and their email addresses are: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org; you can contact Lily with questions about this trip/conference, either by email or text 214-415-2111. In order to allow as many kids as possible to attend, we will need at least one more parent willing to drive and chaperone with Melissa and Lily. Please contact Lily if you are available to chaperone.
- How much will attendance at this conference cost? Our GPFAA TFME chapter has submitted for a $500 grant to put toward costs for our members to attend the conference. The projected total cost per person is approximately $110 for lodging, food, and transportation costs which includes the grant. An email has been sent with a projected budget.
- To whom and when do we pay the $110 for lodging, transportation, and food? This will be finalized soon and you will be contacted within the next couple of weeks with instructions on who and when to pay this amount. (price is set for 15 students to attend/participate. Please know if all 15 are not able to attend, the price will change.) We currently have transportation available for 12 students, we would need an additional chaperone to accommodate transportation for 15 students.
- What day and time will the TFME students and their chaperones leave for the conference? They plan on leaving school on February 13th, 2020 immediately following school and they will ride with the chaperones in their vehicles.
- What day and time will the TFME students and chaperones be returning to GPFAA? It is projected that they will be back at GPFAA on Sunday, February 16th at 3 p.m.
- When do I need to confirm that I will be going to TFME? I need to know if you will be attending by January 20th.
- When is $60 due? We need the payment by February 2nd. Checks can be made out to GPFAA Vocal Guild. Balance of $50, will be due by Feb 10th.
As more information is available, I will make sure to keep you up to date!! I am very excited that your vocal music student has decided to be a part of the TFME, and I look forward to seeing them experience the new insight this will bring to them on their educational journey. For more information about TFME, please click here.
If you have any questions about TFME, please feel free to email me at email@example.com or Lily Tredmeyer@ firstname.lastname@example.org