Thank You, MS & HS Vocal Music parents and families! Spring Show (after a LONG 2-year break) was a fantastic way to end the school year. We are grateful for the support in having your students at extra rehearsals, getting the beautiful costumes together, and being prepared for show days. We sincerely hope that you enjoyed the show!
Here’s a recap:
- We had SOLD OUT shows both nights, May 6-7. Wow!
- HS students led, co-directed, and helped plan and produce the entire show from start to finish. We are so proud of their hard work.
- Three weeks of show planning, rehearsals, and set building; what a short time to pull it together, but they did great!
- Our transformed cafeteria stage required extra setup. We are thankful for the student and parent volunteers who worked above and beyond to accomplish this!
- Show Day(s) Volunteers – all stations were fully staffed at both shows. Thank you to all who helped! The show ran smoothly because of you.
- GPFAA Backstage Teachers – Special thank you to teachers: Shannan Wright, Alicia Milavec, LaTara Carter, Keira Ford, Victor Penny, and our Theater Directors. Your help directing the students behind the scenes was invaluable.
- Thank you to all that donated non-perishable items for Mercy Street Kitchen, Inc. It was a successful food drive!
- Scholarship Fundraiser – Vocal Music Guild has a great start on the brand-new scholarship fund, starting in the 22/23 school year. Thank you, families, for helping to get this new initiative off the ground.
- Thank you to Social Films Booth for their creative photo booth, it was a hit! Grab your pictures from the photo booth here!
- Vocal Music celebrated 19 graduating Seniors with a farewell song, “Remember Me,” from Coco. We will miss our Seniors! Good luck with your future endeavors!