In order to make this process as smooth as possible we have set up an “8th Grade Audition” Course in Canvas. This is where all the details for the audition will be posted.
There are 2 parts to the audition:
Part One: Pre-Recorded (before recording make sure you watch the video on Canvas about how to make your recording correctly!)
- Students will record their assigned solo song it its entirety
- Students will upload the recording to the Canvas Assignment titled “Solo Audition Recording”
- Solo Submission Deadline is April 24th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Part Two: Completed via Zoom
- Sight-read rhythm (practice excerpts can be found on Canvas)
- Sight-read melody (practice excerpts can be found on Canvas)
- Interview-student will answer questions from the Audition Panel (students will receive an interview time and zoom link)