- Paris Batjer- My name is Paris Batjer. I am a sophomore in the GPFAA Singers (premier ensemble). I am also apart of Casa Mañana’s triple threat program. To me, leadership means helping to guide people in the right direction.
- Olivia Garza- My name is Olivia Garza. I am a senior in the GPFAA GPFAA Singers (premier ensemble). Leadership, to me means using what you’ve been given to raise other peoples spirits and help them reach their goals.
- Kaitlyn Kirby- I’m a senior in the GPFAA Singers (premier ensemble). Outside of choir, I’m in the youth group at my church where I’m also a youth leader. To me, leadership is being able to help anyone and be by their side. A leader is not afraid, and they’re willing to stand up for others no matter what they’re dealing with.
- Cecelia Largent- My name is Cecelia Largent, and I am a Senior in the GPFAA Singers (Premier Ensemble). I also am a part of the Children’s Chorus of Greater Dallas. To me, being a leader isn’t all about leading a group but being an example and helping those around you with anything they may need.
Dani Ramos- My name is Dani Ramos, and I am a Junior in the GPFAA Singers (premier ensemble) and participate in the Children’s Chorus of Greater Dallas outside of school! Leadership, to me, is being a great example and a great leader for others.
- Jessica Reckart- My name is Jessica Reckart. I am in 10th grade and perform in the GPFAA Singers (premier ensemble). My accomplishments consist of being published in young poet’s book twice, a member of the 2017 Middle School All-Region choir, and have assisted with children’s church for three years. This leadership opportunity to me is a way for me to continue learning and growing into the leader I one day hope to be. In this position, I am also able to help the choir grow and support the people in choir slowly grow and bond into a family.
- Gaby Rodriguez- My name is Gabby Rodriguez; I am in the 10th grade and apart of the Junior Varsity Singers. I love being a part of the leadership team because I get to make a difference. Knowing that I can be a positive leader that others can always look up to you makes me feel like I am giving back.
- Michael Weiss- My name is Michael Weiss, and I am in the 11th grade. I am a part of the GPFAA Singers (premier ensemble) and the Exploratory Singers. I was a member of the 2018/2019 All-Region choir. Leadership, to me, means taking charge of situations, stepping out in front of everyone to help get a job done.
- Brooklyn Youngblood- My name is Brooklyn Youngblood, I am a sophomore in the GPFAA Singers (premier ensemble) and the Exploratory Singers. I have made All-Region all three years of middle school, all A’s, and I have performed at TMEA and ACDA with the invitational ensembles. To me, leadership means being able to step up and help lead others to success. Leadership is unity, and working together to solve the problem. Leading by example and showing respect to everyone no matter what differences you might have.
- Kaitlyn Uptain – My name is Kaitlyn Uptain, and I’m a senior who performs in the GPFAA Singers (premier ensemble). I have enjoyed being a part of the leadership team for the past two years. I truly believe being a part of the leadership team has helped me grow in so many ways. Leadership, to me, is encouraging others and promoting participation in our family.
Meet our 2020 Vocal Music Student Leadership
The Grand Prairie Fine Arts Vocal Music Leadership is a group of students representing each of all vocal ensembles at GPFAA. They serve their peers and community through their respective roles and work to make vocal music a place for all. This type of team allows its members to use their gifts when appropriate while taking on a supportive role when others are in charge. The leadership team members strive to model what is desired from the choir members musically, physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Read about our new leadership team and what leadership team means to them!