Grand Prairie Fine Arts Academy Singers Beijing/Xi’an Tour March 16– March 23, 2020
In total, 50 high school singers and chaperones will participate in this journey. The tour will include local friendship concerts, college/university workshops, performances at the Great Wall of China, taking rickshaw rides through residential neighborhoods and go into the actual homes of local residents, and learn about the Chinese cultures and traditions from locals. Those are just a few of the unique and life-changing experiences to which they will be exposed on this journey. A similar international tour to Italy was completed in 2017, and those students who participated speak highly of their experience to this day.
- Monday, March 16 – Depart DFW for Beijing, Pr China.
- Tuesday, March 17 – Arrive Beijing; sightseeing and activities, dinner at a local restaurant.
- Wednesday, March 18 – Explore Tiananmen Square, Tour Forbidden city, visit the Inner Court, visit the temple of Heaven, enjoy a traditional Peking Duck dinner.
- Thursday, March 19 –Explore and perform at the Great Wall of China; sightseeing/and activities, along with a friendships concert.
- Friday, March 20 – Transfer to airport to take an internal flight to Xi’an. Sightseeing and activities, attend Tang Dynasty Music and Dance show and dinner at a local restaurant.
- Saturday, March 21 – Explore the Terracotta Museum; visit the Xi’an City Wall and museum, performance and dinner at a local restaurant.
- Sunday, March 22 – Travel back to Beijing, Explore the Summer Palace, stroll along Suzhou street, Beijing Hutong tour, rickshaw, final performance, and dinner at a local restaurant.
- Monday, March 23 – Head back to DFW
If you would like to help this trip of a lifetime come to fruition, please consider our gofundus campaign, click below.